Saturday, April 23, 2011

Marital Exchange of the Day

I'm stealing this idea from Chris and Alex Payne (I just tried to "tag" them to give them credit - what a Facebook world we live in.)

Marital Exchange Of the Day
Me: (very sweetly) What do you want to do for supper, darling?
Christopher: What?! Why are we talking right now?
Me: (stunned, but still sweet) Whatever do you mean, precious?
Christopher: I'm researching right now. Can't you see? I'm on the internet.

And scene.

Seriously. Okay, I may have exaggerated with my overly sweet sentiment (when I hear it in my head it sounds like a sweet southern belle ... dahhling, suppah, etc. If you didn't read it like that, go back and read it again. I swear it makes it better.), but I'm really not exaggerating with Christopher ... he takes his internet research very seriously. The boy is ADHD off the charts, but he can sit at the computer for hours. I'm sure he was researching something ground-breaking and life-altering like puppies for adoption in our area, some very necessary, not at all expensive gadget he must have, or something to do with Georgia Tech athletics. You know, the important things in life. I'm also sure that whatever it was he could tell you more than you ever wanted to know about it. Now this does come in handy sometimes. Like when we actually need to buy something ... Christopher will research it to death to make sure we make the best possible decision. I do, however, fear the day I become pregnant ... Christopher will know every single thing that is happening to our growing baby and my changing body for every second of those nine months. This would be fine, except that the only thing Christopher loves more than researching is sharing what he's learned.

Okay, I promise to write a real post tomorrow. It will most likely be about my wisdom teeth surgery (Is that even what you call it? Wisdom teeth extraction? Surgery to take out wisdom teeth?). Whatever. It promises to be thrilling. I know you can't wait.

1 comment: