Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 4

Day 4 of the Photo Challenge - A picture of your favorite night.

Our wedding night is easily my favorite night ... no, not that wedding night ... our reception. Christopher and I are both fairly shy people (I know our close friends would disagree). What I mean is, we're not the type of people to dance and go crazy at a wedding. Except our own.

 Making our way to the dance floor after the children and grandparents had gone home. Cute, I know.
 Check out Greg and Suzy in the corner.
 Oh brother.
 Not at all awkward.
I don't know what we're doing or why everyone is looking at us.
Somehow Christopher got a rag and he insisted on swinging it around his head the rest of the evening. I believe this is also about the time our DJ started playing unedited Jeezy and T.I.
I hope our friends and family had half as much fun as we did!

Day 4 of the Blog Challenge - Your parents. 

My parents are two of my absolute favorite people in the world. They taught me so many important things without actually having to teach me. Instead they showed me. They showed me how to laugh at yourself, how to love and accept everyone, how to be polite, how to be kind, and of course, how to be a smart ass (I credit my mom for that one). I really am my mother's daughter (is that how the saying goes?). I'm like her in so many ways, from our sense of humor down to the food we eat (or don't eat, rather). And Christopher is so much like my dad. My mom says I knew exactly what I was getting into when I married Christopher because I was around my dad my whole life. They're silly, require a lot of attention, and are both so sweet and thoughtful. 

I think these two pictures really epitomize my parents. 
 Precious.
I think my mom was getting ready to start crying and my dad was being sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment