Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Days 9-12

Okay, we're skipping some days here, both because some of the prompts are lame and because I got a little behind.

Photo Challenge - A picture of something you hate.
Ugh. I hate hate HATE bananas. I tried one when I was 2 years old and thought it was terrible so I spit it out (on the floor). The lady I stayed with when I was little made me sit in time out for spitting on the floor, and I've forever had an aversion to bananas. I worked in the Infant-Toddler Program at First Baptist and kids would always have bananas for snacks. I used to have to hold the bananas with a paper towel just so I could cut it up for them. My students at school know "Mrs. Taylor does not do bananas" so they need to find a friend to help them open it up at lunch. The smell and texture are the worst. Sick. I'm positive my own children are going to love them and I'll have to just get over it, but until then I'll continue loathing them.

Photo Challenge - A picture of something you love.
Anyone surprised I started with food? I didn't think so. These are just a few of my favorites. I could eat carbs all the livelong day ... rice, pasta, bread, bagels, I love them all. Goldfish and Coke were my go-to snack until we started our nutrition plan. Now it's a treat I can have in very small portions. And of course, I have loved Chick-fil-A for quite some time. The nuggets ... the waffle fries ... the Polynesian sauce ... the fountain Coke (there is a difference). Unfortunately, my love affair with Chick-fil-A might be coming to an end after the controversy surrounding their support of anti-gay groups. Don't know what I'm talking about? Click here or here. That brings me to my next love ...

... gay people! I think my love for the GLBT community started with my love for diversity in general. I really started to realize the discrimination against this group in college (and the fact that it is absolutely absurd) and so I decided to become an advocate. I'm a member of the Human Rights Campaign and I went through Safe Zone Training (it's called Ally now) at Clemson. I could go on forever about this love, so if you want to know more, feel free to ask me! 
This (kind of) brings me to my next love ...

 ... rainbow colors in general, school supplies specifically. I love crayons, markers, Sharpies, pens (specifically gel pens, as pictured above) ... another subject I could go on and on about. 

 Finally, I love Clemson. I love the education I got from Clemson, I love the campus, the sports, everything!

As usual, I could go on and on about the things I love (and I'm sure I'll come back to most of these at some point), but for now, I'm calling it a night so I can spend time with my main loves.

1 comment: