Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A little update

I guess I haven't really been much better about updating my blog, have I? I've been trying to write down funny and absurd things my students say at school and I'm just afraid it won't really come across the same way in the blog world. We'll see. As soon as my dad e-mails me the pictures, I'll have a post to write about the rainy Reedy River Run (have I mentioned that I LOVE alliteration). Excuses, excuses. I guess I'll just start by sharing how my week started off and then I've got exciting news to share!

It has been a perfect storm for tiredness (crankiness) this week. We started off with the time change on Sunday, which I still haven't caught up on and it just seems wrong to leave when it's SO dark in the morning. First grade performed at PTA Night on Monday, which meant a 13 hour day at school. After getting home from PTA Night, I stayed up late to finish our yearbook that was due on Monday (I don't think I've mentioned that I was in charge of putting together the entire yearbook for our school - such a treat). I didn't have a planning period on Monday or Tuesday, which meant I was with my darling class from 7:50 until 2:30 without a break (not even recess because of the rain, and lunch doesn't count as a break because I spend half the time opening milk and ketchup). And what is up with this rainy, cold weather? It makes me yearn for my bed as soon as I leave the house. Woe is me. Blah, blah, blah, right? I told you my life was boring. Let's move onto the exciting news, shall we?

First, my precious friend Brittney and I are the new coaches for the Eastside Varsity Cheerleading squad! Officially, she is the Head Coach and I'm the Assistant Coach. We meet the current squad next week and things start rolling from there. We're already planning try-outs, camps, fundraisers ... we're going to be busy! I'm so glad Brittney is so on top of things. I'm really excited, but to be honest, I'm super nervous about dealing with high school girls. I'm quite a smart ass and I don't really have much patience for drama (especially after dealing with 6 year olds all day), so I hope we get along. I'm also just a lot teensy bit intimidated by high schoolers. You can't really fake your way through (like I can with my 1st graders sometimes). Oh well. As my mother always says, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. If you want the whole story, Brittney did a fabulous job documenting the past few weeks.

Second, our dear, sweet, darling friends Greg and Suzy are pregnant!!! Well, clearly Greg is not pregnant. Suzy is the pregnant one and they are expecting their first child in October! We are beyond thrilled for them and can't wait to meet their sweet baby. I'm especially delighted to learn from Suzy about being pregnant (because I know she'll tell me the things I don't want to hear, but need to) before I get pregnant. If you know her and want to follow her pregnancy, click here. Even if you don't know her, she writes a good blog.

That's all for now. It's after 10:00 (which is my bedtime) so I think I'll head to bed so I'm not cranky in the morning. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathleen! I am so excited that you and Brittney are coaching at Eastside next year! I just wanted to say I can relate to your stress from teaching this week- I also am in charge of the whole entire yearbook at my school and its killing me! I didn't meet my Monday deadline. Anyway, haven't seen you in forever, hope your doing well!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!!! :) a post!! and a good one at that.

    CONGRATULATIONS SUZY! ! OMG I SO EXCITED!! a new pregnancy blog to follow!!!! yesssssss

    ReplyDelete