Thursday, December 9, 2010

Back from Hiatus

So sorry to those of you waiting for a new post (Suzy). I wish I could say that we've been so busy and I have so many exciting things to catch you up on, but that is not the case. I've simply been lazy. I don't know what it is about this school year, but I've been completely burned out and I don't have a good reason why. I promise to try to do a better job of updating, even though the only interesting things in our lives are our sweet pups (pathetic, I know).

Okay, so on to the one VERY exciting change that has happened in our life in the past 6 months. Christopher got a new job at ...



Yes, Waffle House. I was a little stunned when he came home one day in July and said he "accidentally" applied to work for Waffle House. "What do you mean you accidentally applied to work for Waffle House?" I said. He mumbled something about how he started to fill out an application online (just for fun) and never actually submitted it, but his information was submitted somehow and they called him for an interview and it wouldn't hurt to go talk to them, right?? (Insert Christopher's innocent smile here) "Sure, honey ... go ahead!" I knew he wasn't thrilled with his current job and although this was so beyond random, it fit him perfectly.

*Christopher wanted me to be sure and say he does not work AT Waffle House, he works FOR Waffle House (apparently there's a big difference). He is managing his own store, so he works FOR the company, he doesn't just work AT a random store ... something like that.*

Anyway, he LOVES this job. Like, he actually enjoys getting up early in the morning and going to work. His schedule is random and the people who work for him are crazy, but he loves it. So, I guess if he's happy, I'm happy (and it doesn't hurt that our bank account is much happier, too!).

I'm already making a list of other things to post about soon, but for now I'm going to take the colored lights (that Christopher put on) OFF our tree and put up some lovely white lights.

Cathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment